What differs the common wanna-be poker player from the real professionals in online poker? You say the skill, right? As it’s a completely true statement, there is something else that pros hide up their sleeve. It’s the poker software, of course. In the century of advanced computation and technologies, using a program to aid your game is more than a must. So, here we are going to review some of the best tools out there. Let’s dive into the top 5 of the finest poker instruments.
Hold’em Manager 3
Surely one of the most popular and sophisticated solutions out there is Hold’em Manager 2. The poker tool is simply amazing as it presents almost every possible statistic that you will need to improve your game. You can expect HM2 to help you with:
- Opponent analysis: armed with a huge number of filters, you can customize your records about the players you encounter get the most of every situation. In addition, you can apply specific notes to each player and even replay actual hands played in the past.
- HUD Options: great addition to your online poker session. The HUD shows you various stats for the players on your table, so you can make accurate decisions based on your history with those players.
- Cash Reports: stay aware of the downswings and upswing in your game. Take advantage of multiple graphs and view to analyse your money flow.
- Other smaller tool integrated: things like Winrate, EV, Rakeback, and Multitable statistical tools, as well as Tournament filtering to check your performance on various specific games and formats.
HM2 is extremely powerful poker software with an intuitive interface. It covers more than 1000 metrics and can be integrated with other third-party tools, such as TableScanner, TableNinja, LeakBuster (we will review it below), SNG Wizard, and others. If you are looking for a truly professional poker instrument to help you out, Hold’em Manager 2 will satisfy you for sure.
Poker Tracker 4
The fourth version of the famous poker software PokerTracker is quite competitive as well. The tool is equipped with numerous features for analysis and tracking to improve the player’s game. Just like the previous platform that we’ve reviewed, PT 4 has a huge list of modules that we will dissect in details.
- Vector HUD Engine: amazing technology that tracks players in real time and records their behavior. Can be filtered exclusively to show current table or all-time statistics, as well as player hands, blinds and many more
- Interactive Reports, Charts and Filters: all the needed graphs and toolkits that will help you analyze your play, money management and more. Review all kinds of reports, as well as the famous Luck Bell Curve, Leak Tracker, Hand Range Visualizations, and Money Flow charts.
- Attractive Options and Customization: PT4 offers tons of settings that can personalize the platform to your own tastes. The flexible workflow can match your needs without any hassle, as almost every aspect of the software is adjustable.
- Ever Expanding Database of Players: quickly scan all table to find the most profitable ones. Grow your database with each session to make the comparison tool even better.
- Easy Hand Export Options: almost all major poker rooms and networks are supported by PT4. The automated assistance of the platform will make it easy obtain hands data quick and easy.
PokerTracker 4 is excellent software for professional players with all the required toolkits and features. Its place in the top 5 is well earned. The 30-day free trial of PT4 will be enough to show you how powerful this tool can be in the right hands.
NCE 3 (Note Caddy Edge)
Unfortunately NCE 3 is not maintained anymore.
Another excellent software for both pro and amateur players. NoteCaddy Edge is a masterpiece created by Justin Howell and Robert Stelmach, both professional poker players. The third version of the tool contains one of the largest databases with player leaks that will help you get the advantage in most situations. NCE 3 has the following features bundled into one complete toolkit:
- Extra Valuable Statistics: Note Caddy’s database is one of the largest in the industry and supports numerous statistics. Compared to other competitive software, NCE 3 is extremely potent on data with many habitual behaviors of players.
- Excellent Information Access with Popups: The tool has a flawless popup system, which is perfect for fast in-game decisions. The situation-related data is quickly shown near the player.
- Combo Badges: In addition to the popup system, NCE 3 offers extensive leak information in the form of badges. You can easily exploit those in seconds by reviewing the tendency level in different colours.
- User-Friendly HUDs: you will surely feel comfortable with the increased usability of Note Caddy’s HUDs. Apart from the excellent information organized adequately, the software also helps you to play numerous tables without giving up EV.
NCE 3 provides excellent support for pro poker players and it will surely benefit your game and bank. It’s a fully customizable toolkit, which is surely worth every penny that you’ve invested in it.
One of the finest online poker calculators in the niche, Hold’em Indicator is state-of-art software with various functionalities to read and analyze your opponents, follow betting patterns, or access critical data to make the right call. The online tool also supports much other third-party software to enhance its capabilities even further. Let’s take a look at the main benefits of HI.
- Poker Odds Calculator: the software supports the poker odds calculator of Betonline Poker, which is officially approved by PokerStars. It’s a powerful tool that will improve your game significantly.
- Fully Automated Data: Hold’em Indicator is designed to calculate various metrics (poker odds and pots, EV, table positions, outs, Sklansky Group ratings, and more) and attach them to your game table without any input required. All the data will be available at your disposal while you are concentrated on the game.
- Players Stats and History: The useful toolkit supports data collection features that will gather vital information from the players at your table. The software is designed to prospect the players prior to the actual game. The opponents are also categorized and have numerous statistics attached to them.
- Hand Replayer: extensive history of all hands, games and player stats.
- Amazing Online Poker Rooms Support: more than 300 different online poker rooms are supported by HI and the list is growing.
Hold’em Indicator is really simple, but extremely powerful software that brings you all the needed datasets and functionalities without the fancy stuff. If you like your tool to be on point, HI would be the right call for you.
The creators of Hold’em Manager have made another amazing tool called Leak Buster. Its fourth version is an excellent addition to the arsenal of any recreational poker player. LB is different from the other software suggestions. The tool focuses on one specific aspect of your game – the leaks. By analyzing your game completely Leak Buster will show you all the small costly habits that are draining your bankroll. With an extensive dataset of 460 potential leaks, the tool will give you the necessary feedback to improve your gameplay. LB deeply analyses:
- Betting Behavior and Sizing: all the potential problems with your river bet sizing, cold calling, 3-betting from blinds, 3-bet squeezing in various situations and more.
- Effective Analysis: covers numerous situations, such as blind defence, multiple lines (bet-check-bet, check-bet-bet, and more), naked flop floats vs raising the flop, and other.
Leak Buster is separate from HM, but it complements the popular software perfectly. If you are confident in your skills and aim to polish your game, this little tool is your best bet.
When we speak about the latest methods to improve your game and sharpen your poker skills, GTO solvers are the latest buzz in the poker world.
For beginning let’s explain what the abbreviation actually means. GTO solver comes from Game Theory Optimal.
At its core solvers are powerful pieces of software that generate optimal decisions for pre-selected situations. GTO solvers are calculators that go through millions of combinations to deliver you the best decision on how to optimally play your range based on several factors.
These solvers have turned the poker world upside down. They are a strong weapon in the hands of every player who is eager to invest some time out of the tables to learn how to extract the best from them. Even though many players and coaches find GTO as the ultimate poker-winning strategy, solvers do have some limitations these days. First of all, they can be used only for heads-up situations. Also, they are not cheap to buy. However, it is a wise long-term purchase that will help you figure out the game to a much higher level.
The GTO software will help you find the answer to questions every poker player asks himself constantly while playing poker. For example, I bet in every session you have at least several spots where you were thinking about:
- what’s the right amount to cbet on the flop against this specific opponent
- on which turn cards should I continue to barrel
- when is the right time to overbet the river
- should I play my draw passively or aggresively
and many many more. The applications are numerous but take into account that solvers present you with solutions that are taken from an ideal world where both parties always take the most optimal decision. However, we know that in reality, this is not always the case. Still, having the chance to see a perfect strategy will give you crucial insights into the game and help you crush the competition.
Here are the 3 most popular solvers you can find on the market today:
- GTO Range Builder
Each of them has its merits along with some drawbacks. For example, poker players just starting with the solvers find GTO Range Builder easy to learn and play around with. PioSOLVER is also known for its easy-to-use software and functionality. SimplePostflop is known to be more tabular just like PioSOLVER compared to GTO Range Builder created to be more visually oriented. For more details about GTO solvers and some nice examples of how they work in reality, you can check out this in-depth GTO Solver guide.
Poker tools and software present you with a great chance to get your game to the next level and climb up the limits. However, this will not come easy without any effort from your side. Additional work outside the tables is required to extract the most from these tools.
If you would like to improve faster at poker our poker coaches will give you a hand and help you learn how to work with poker software that will make you stand out from the competition. And let’s be honest- the competition in poker in 2021 is really tough. Long gone are the times when with some practice and a few books players could win 4-5 figures easily.