$125 / hour
Al prefers to coach beginning and intermediate players, primarily in NL Hold’em cash games and sit n go tournaments. With an emphasis on position, card selection, bet sizing and ranging players, Al feels that he can make a significant and rapid improvement to one’s game at these two levels of poker competency.
With over twenty-five (25) years of experience in mentoring and coaching poker players build a strong foundation, Al can quickly help take your game to the next level without stress to the client. When clients meet him halfway, the task is made that much simpler.
For more than five years, Al distinguished himself serving as Dean of the largest, online poker training site, Poker School Online. He has personally trained over 650 individuals and while Dean, he coordinated training for an average of 4,000 students per month.
Al is also a very respected poker author with articles published in Poker Digest, Ante-Up, Live Action Poker and Rounder Magazines, and authored the Poker Journal book.
Al’s background as the Command Senior Enlisted Advisor for Combat Camera (Chief Master Sergeant), while serving his country for 24 years in the Air Force brings expert communication skills and a much-needed directness to his poker coaching.
He offers a brief but thorough FREE skype call (15-30min) to determine what will work best for the student before starting coaching sessions. During this initial conversation, he will establish the current poker proficiency level on their poker journey, explore reasons they believe they are leaving money on the table, and then map out a training plan to eliminate the “leaks” and “holes” in their game!
If Al and the client feel it’s a good fit, we book it, however, if Al feels another coach has a clear set of skills that would better the client, Al will make that referral to a team member that will become the proper (fit) as a poker mentor and coach.
- Al has produced more than 250 instructional videos which include: building online bankrolls; heads up play; cash game, single and multi-table tournament strategies; all designed to eliminate holes or detect leaks in your game. They are housed on his YouTube Channel.
- He “reviews” and “edits” new poker books for noted poker players and authors. Al also coordinates poker conferences, conventions and online webinars.
- Al’s co-hosted podcasts (The Online Poker Insiders) can be found at http://pokerpages.com/poker-podcasts/
- Al conducted more than 20 interviews with top industry poker professionals and authors.
- Building a solid NL Hold’em poker foundation, which includes: card selection; bet sizing; position; poker odds: putting players on hands; and specific online tells.
- Shadowing (real time), online clients with insightful questions and counsel to enable the player to make additional profits. These tips and options translate to more wins in tournaments and increased cash profits in ring games.
You can provide a spouse, a friend, or business colleague one or more sessions with Al.
Note: Al prefers players to work with players who have read various books or magazine articles and have already played online or live. (Complete novices should not book with Al).