Hold Em Manager is one of the most powerful software products on the market for online poker players to take advantage of. The latest versions of the program- Hold’em Manager 2 and Omaha Manager 2 are major tools in the arsenal of any poker player today.
No matter, whether you are just starting with the game or have some experience the software will give you a significant edge against the players who doesn’t use it.
It’s an essential weapon that will help you with your poker training. These days the competition is really tough and long gone are the days when it was super easy to win thousands of dollars without decent skills and knowledge.
Taking advantage of software tools plus examining your game with a professional poker player is the right way to approach the game.
Learning poker is a never-ending process and HEM is made to make our life easier. Here is more info for those of you not fully aware of all the merits of Hold Em Manager.
Basically, it helps you follow your progress as a poker player in all possible aspects. Be aware of your bankroll, find the mistakes you make most often, analyze the crucial hands that knocked you out of a tournament ( or gave you the first place) and ultimately improve your game. Some of the most useful functionalities include:
- Statistics – this is the essential and main benefit of HEM. It imports all the hands you played and later you can analyze them at any time thanks to various statistics that deeply cover every aspect of Texas Hold Em and Omaha.
- Filters – they help you sort your hands and narrow the database. The more you play, the bigger your hand history becomes. That’s why it’s important to study certain hands depending on what element of your game you want to focus on. For example, you can go and check all hands when you played AA from early position. Or you can check how you play with QQ after raise and 3 bet. Bring only the hands when you’ve 3 bet your opponents, or just cold called 4 bet. Inspect how you play AK on flops when you don’t hit, or how you play suited connectors in a multiway pot and many, many more.
- Heads-up Display or also known as HUD is the actual visualization of the statistics and all the info you need to know in order to make a logical decision and read what cards your opponent could have. They are displayed during your actual session and help you take better decisions.
- Replayer – Once the session is finished you have the option to visualize all the hands from a certain tournament or cash game. This is a perfect opportunity to analyze tough spots that you had during the game. During a standard poker coaching lesson with a professional player you both go over the hands you’ve played with the help of the replayer. He shows you the main mistakes you made, the right decision you took, where you have room for improvement and so on.
- Widgets/ Applications – additional tools that combine the powerful funcitionalities of Hold Em Manager and help you improve your game and read your opponents even further.